Recipe: Shrimp & Edamame Egg Rolls
- 1/3 pound cooked, chopped shrimp
- 1/3 cup steamed Edamame1/3 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Persian cucumber
- 2 green onions; sliced into thin circles
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon Ohana Teriyaki spice blend
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
12 (5” x 5”) square egg roll wrappers
3 egg whites; beaten until frothy
1/2 cup flour
2 cups Peanut oil
In a large bowl, mix together all filling ingredients.
Working one at a time, spoon mixture down the center of each wrapper to come within 1/2 inch of top and bottom edges. Turn egg roll on it’s side and tightly wrap to form a “cigar”. Wetting your finger with water, rub on the inside edge to seal. Repeat until all wrappers are used.
Heat peanut oil in a large (high-sided) skillet.
Dip the egg rolls in egg whites then into the flour (gently shaking off excess.
Quickly fry egg rolls (turning once) in batches until crispy on all sides; drain on a paper towel.
Serve with your choice of dipping sauce and fresh lime wedges.
12 Egg Rolls