Recipe: Orange Jalapeño Salmon
- 2 pounds wild salmon (skin left on)
- Ohana Volcanic Legend seasoning
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup unfiltered saki
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed preserved lemon
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 green onions (scallions); sliced thin
- 1 large Jalapeño pepper; sliced thin (seeds shaken out)
- juice and zest of two oranges; plus extra for garnish
- juice and zest of one lime; plus extra for garnish
Heat barbecue to high heat. Sprinkle salmon with Ohana Volcanic Legend seasoning and transfer to a glass baking pan (skin side down). Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour over salmon. Allow to stand at room temperature (turning a couple of times) for no longer than 15 minutes (the citrus in the marinade with start to break down the meat of the fish if marinated longer).
Remove salmon from marinade (reserving liquid) and place meat side down on the barbecue; turning heat down to medium. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes. Turn fish over, lower heat slightly, and spoon remaining marinade over salmon; cook for an additional 10 minutes (lid of barbecue closed). Turn off barbecue allowing fish to rest for an additional 5 minutes. Remove salmon (skin will stay on the grill) and transfer to a heated plate. Serve with orange and lime wedges.
*White wine can be substituted for the Limoncello.
*Use Cara Cara or Blood Oranges, if available.