Recipe: Spicy Tomato & Red Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 (19 oz) can Tomato Basil soup (not condensed)
- 1 cup (from a 16 0z jar) roasted red bell peppers; pureed
- 1/2 cup tomato-red bell pepper juice*
- 1 teaspoon Ohana Volcanic Legend Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dry (powdered) English mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small tomato; sliced thin
- fresh tomato slices (optional)
- red jalapeno slices (optional)
- dried basil
- 1 pound beef cubes*
Place tomato soup, red bell peppers and juice in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until small bubble appear around the edge of the saucepan. Stir in Ohana spice blend and dry mustard.
Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Divide between 2 warmed soup bowls and top with sliced tomatoes and red jalapeño. Sprinkle with dried basil and serve with bread and butter, if desired.
2 large servings
*We like Knudsen brand. Vegetable juice (such as V-8) can be used
in place of the tomato-red bell pepper juice if unavailable in your area.